Friday, April 1, 2011

I don't have a title... Sue me

The Place: Marlow’s Tavern- Chastain Rd, Kennesaw, GA
The Peep:  Alphonso J.
The Beers: #60 Ommengang Hennepin (ABV 7.70%), #61 Pyramid Haywire Hefeweizen (ABV 5.20%)
                                                                       
Let me start off by saying, I love Marlow’s Tavern!  I have always had amazing food and service every time I go.  There are several locations across Metro Atlanta.  Definitely (I’ve been using that word a lot lately) a good pick for dinner and drinks for a reasonable price. I was a little sad that we had to sit in the drafty covered patio area, but we were to fat and hungry to wait for a seat inside.  Epic fail to the dude playing cover songs during dinner!  I don't know his name, but he murdered some hits that night.

#60 Ommengang Hennepin (ABV 7.70%)
The waiter (shout out to you blond hair waiter, even though I can’t remember your name) suggested Ommengang Hennepin.  Excellent choice!  So far, my best beer 2011 and officially on my all time favorites list.  It’s perfect!  It has a mix of gingersnap and citrus hops.  On the Ommengang Website someone wrote “I actually believe it was touched by the hand of God.”  I don’t know if I would go that far, but  it gets a big thumbs up from me.  I recommend to EVERYONE… even your grandmother!

#61 Pyramid Haywire Hefeweizen (ABV 5.20%)
Another Marlowe’s Tavern pick.  Very similar to Blue Moon.  It’s a wheat ale with citrus flavor and golden color.  It would be perfect for hanging outside. It was nowhere near as good as the Hennepin, but it was nice.  “Slight” thumbs up.  It get’s the “slight” because I like Blue Moon a little bit better.

HIGH FIVE to me for pumping out three posts in less than 24 hours.  I have a lot catch up on, so I’m going to try to keep cranking out the hits.  I have been keeping track of my unwritten adventures in the memo pad on my phone (its a mess) and there are beers that I completely forgot about!  Keep reading and I’ll keep typing! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment